BOTOX ME!

6:38 PM Edit This 3 Comments »













Well, the day has come. This Friday I will get Botox for my spasticity/clonus in my left leg. I am nervous, scared and excited! I am nervous because this is new for me, scared because I think it'll hurt and excited because the thought of being less spastic and less clonus is, well, amamzing. It's been 3 years of this and I need a break.

The Botox lasts for for up to 3 months, so this means that if it works for me and I think it's worth it, I will have to do it again... and again.

Wish me luck! And yes, i will blog about it... I may even bring a camera and get my friend to take pics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marieke,
Good luck with the Botox, I hope it gives you relief in the areas, legs I think wasn't it?? Must thank you for all your help regarding my change over from Tegretol to Neurontin. I still think I need an increase, but will stay on this dose until about a month out from my trip to the UK via Dubai. Then will up the dose. Hope all your Nursing Studies are going well, hang in there!!!
Shirley

Marieke said...

Thanks Shirley... I'll post news once I see any changes, about a week I think!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marieke,
Eager to read about the botox. I have TM similar to your situation. It has been 1.5 years and I keep going forward. I am so blessed to be married to a nurse! You are a natural for the profession it appears. Good luck and God bless you for choosing to give so much to others - yourself.
I'll bookmark your blogsite and check in.