Camp UBPN 2007

4:29 PM Edit This 1 Comment »


I had a wonderful long weekend in Seattle/Auburn, Washington. 4 planes in 4 days.. 6 hrs+ of travel time there and 6 hrs back. A 3 hr time change too!

I went there for the UBPN Camp. It is a Camp for people/families of children who have a Brachial Plexus Injury, either from birth (birth accident) or Trauma (car accident/skiing..). It is a great place to meet people who are facing the same challenges that you are, a place for parents to meet and talk and see older kids/adults with this and realize that their kids will/can grow up to do just about anything they want!

Some kids are more affected than others, they may have a global injury where C5-6-7-8 and T1 are injured, others it's just C5-6.. and so on. But overall we face the same challenges just to different degrees.





I tried to climb a rock wall, I went swimming, ate s'mores at campfire, picked berries off the bush, tried out the Biofeedback machine (Myotrac), met people that I have only known via the internet. Participated in round table discussions with parents and kids, with other OBPI adults and teens, sat in on therapist panels and doctor panels, spent tons of time outside in the sun relaxing and talking. It was a beutiful place to be and I wish it was longer. Next time, Camp UBPN will be in Florid in 2009! and I can't wait!!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I miss you online.