Sleep Study A.K.A. NOT Sleeping!

8:46 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
I had to do an AT HOME sleep study... picked up the equipment at the hospital, they showed me how to strap in and back home I went to "sleep". Ya, right! How does one sleep while having a small black box starpped to your chest along with 2 other small things strapped to my chest and around my stomach, nasal prongs to record my breathing and an O2 sat monitor on my finger!

Firts off, I had a heck of a time trying to fall asleep, then woke up 4-5 times throughout the night. Ok, so I don't always sleep well and never feel rested even when I do (the whole point of the sleep study), but seriously, I think one actually needs to be able to sleep for this test to tell you something! I got about 3-4 hrs of sleep TOTAL between 10Pm and 5AM when I had to get up for clinical. Needelss to state I was tired and cranky Thursday, more so than usual.

Let's hope this reveals something and that I do NOT have to do it over... I think I would have had better luck sleeping at the hospital's sleep lab, but the waiting list is 5 months long...

(no comment on the Happy Bunny pj's.. they make ME happy!)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos! Very informative article, keep up the good work!
This blog will be one of the many that I visit everyday.

Best of luck,
philippinenurses