Remembering how far I've come...

12:13 PM Edit This 2 Comments »

I start Med-Surge II tomorrow. The hardest semester in nursing school. I have to focus and just do it. Study like crazy without going crazy. I have worked so hard to get this far, from being paralyzed and in hospital for 10 weeks, to rehab hospital for another 8 weeks, out-patient for another year, going back to work, then going to nursing school. I can walk now, albeit with a brace and cane and at times have had to prove myself to others and to myself. This won't stop, I know, but with time others will accept it and not question whether I can or can't.

I jokingly said to a friend (and former nurse of mine) that I should write a book. I was only half joking, she said I should too. Maybe one day, when I have more time. Though I should start now, bit by bit, while I can still recall all that has happened.

To those who read this, continue to support me, leave comments if you like and even though I tend to go into crazy-student- study-mode during the semester, I am still here and do enjoy the distraction of getting an email or phone call!

I look at this picture and remember all I've been through and remember how far I've come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...good ole 1440B;)
You have come a long way...and I do expect you to thank me personally in the cover of your book!!!

Marieke said...

hehe.. it'll be dedicated to you, how 'bout that?
Love 1440B.. and C! Jeeze, I managed to stay out of the hospital in 2006, if you don't count the migraine from hell in the ER for a day with IV maxoran 10... OYE!