WHY?

12:37 PM Edit This 6 Comments »
Why do I always get the teacher who doubts me and my abilities for clinical? I swear, I must have bad luck when it comes to this. The teacher I have now (for the next 3 months) says that I should NOT be a nurse, that if she were my mother she would not allow me to do this, taht I have been through enough hardship already in my life,... BLAH BLAH BLAH! All this BEFORE she even sees my in clinical and/or speaks to previous teaches who can stick up for me!

I can see that I have a fight on my hands and will have to prove myself EVERY day I have her! Great!

ARGH! GRRRRRR!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! You're 31 years old, and she thinks your mother should "not let you" do something? Wow! I'm sorry you have to prove yourself to someone like that!

Marieke said...

Yes, I know, crazy huh?
Hey Sheryl are you the Sheryl from school?

susymac said...

hey marieke,
it's suzie from holland...(and the studentnurse yahoo group). hope your nursing teacher isn't my best friend charlene!! if you recall, i used to live in montreal and worked as an RN for yrs in the MCH...cool that you're dutch...do you speak it as well??

veel sterkte met je studies...

SoCalPedsRN said...

hi marieke,
I admire you for your tenacity to do what your heart desires. I learned of you through the ASN group and I am so happy that you are doing well and following your dream. How much longer of school do you have left?
Good Luck to You!!
Lisa (SoCalPedsRN:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey :)
what was ur clinical teachers name??
:)

Marieke said...

AG
initials... she ended up changing her mind after 3 weeks! In the end she became my biggest supporter, even now. She said that I taught her a lot and changed her way of thinking.